Monday, March 17, 2008

Thank you, Thank you!!

Thanks to everyone who came out on Friday night for the Viable Third Anniversary!! XO, Spyder, Kanga, Jim Waldo, A Librarian and my lovely co-host Dan, represented Kansas City well as we celebrated a blogging venture not to be forgotten. Thanks to Tony, for linking on his site and then posting a skeptical review of Airick this morning to remind me once again why the fight is so important!
The party reminded me of how small Kansas City is - new friends know blog friends, old students know favorite teachers, campaign people know friends of bloggers. It also reminded me why I started blogging - this community is where people from all over town, all through the spectrum of race, class and gender, all across the political board, come together and have conversations. . . conversations I can't find every day and conversations that need to happen. Thanks for coming out!!

And, a huge thank you to Myra Harper at Harper's 18th and Vine! If you have never heard of Strange Fruit or sampled food by this amazing lady, please go to lunch out at Harper's and discover what is possible in the pursuit of healthy AND delicious fare!

No comments:

I'm taking in all the happenings in Kansas City and saving you all the trouble . . . I'll let you know whether to soak it up or squeeze it out!!