Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Okay, back on the bright side . . .

Ten good things that have happened since I spoke with you last:

1. Elle's birthday party at the zoo. Super fun. My mom flew in for it again - she hasn't missed a birthday party yet. Such a good Nanny. My dad surprised us both by flying in and then they both got stuck because of the Tropical Storm. Good fortune.

2. Got a new little kitty - for Elle's birthday, but my best present ever! Dash is so cute - and a pain in the ass.

3. Got new glasses. Quite fabulous. Orange and purple frames with flowers - a little risky, I know. I walk the line of zany art teacher or great aunt Penny, but its a damn fun line to walk.

4. Got my tags renewed. You know, the ones that were due back in May. Got an inspection back at the beginning of June (already late, cause that's how I roll) and never got around to renewing my tags before I went to Florida. I've gotten pulled over twice since then and had my expired tags and Florida drivers license - both times left with a warning - even from the Leawood cop! Got a new inspection and waited in the fucking most retarded line ever in Grandview, MO for my new tags - but made a new friend.

5. Got offered a job and a free trip to Vegas. Yes!!

6. Resurfaced the driveway. Well, watched the driveway get resurfaced - but still. Quite a relaxing experience.

7. Cut Elle's hair. Chopped it off. At the ponytail. And it's fabulous!

8. Got my computer fixed. Got a new cover for my phone. Got a new charger for my computer. Had a fun day at the Apple store.

9. School started. Elle started 1st grade. Wasn't sure that was going to happen, but it did. Fantastic.

10. Booked a cruise for Thanksgiving week. Never been on an actual cruise - and now we're going with the whole family. Very excited! So, my November looks like this - Vegas, then Grand Rapids, then Orlando, then Tampa, then Ft. Lauderdale, then the Carribbean. Looking warmer than my September, that's for sure. Except, you know, that Grand Rapids part.

Life is getting better, that's for sure. But hey, griping is always fun in spurts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

crap, thanks for reminding me that my tags are due! But having been to that DMV beware new friends as sometimes the people there for court get in line to use the benches.

As for the rest, it sounds good. Dash as in The Incredibles?

I'm taking in all the happenings in Kansas City and saving you all the trouble . . . I'll let you know whether to soak it up or squeeze it out!!