Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This Life Thing

Does it get easier?

I'm not one of those people who gets easily overwhelmed, but golly - life gets crazy sometimes, eh? Things are going well over here in Spongeland, but it seems like there is not enough time in the day - and I definitely don't have to energy - to deal with it all.

And on top of all of that, it's getting freakin cold. Already. What the fuck!? I don't have clothes that fit - let alone warm ones. I love how freely I give my jackets away in June thinking that I'll get new ones by October, or you know, I won't live in a tundra come fall, but it never happens. I jaunt around town in sweats and nylon jackets for a couple months and then buck up and buy a freakin jacket. I do have my lovely coat from last Spring that I plan to bring out again - but as cute as it is, it's depressing bringing it out of hiatus so soon. You shouldn't have to wear brown until the leaves turn. Fucking fall. And all of you warm-blooded fuckers out there who are praising this 'beautiful weather' and the lovely breeze and the crispness of the air are really just making it worse - and pissing me off. This is not lovely. 10 degrees warmer - a brighter sun - less clouds (typing this as I look into the clear sky does seem slightly ironic, I know) . . . that would be lovely. Being able to shower without goosebumps forming the second the faucet has turned off - that would be lovely. Restaurants that don't have their airconditioning on 60 degrees - you know, just in case that stinking thermostat creeps above 70 again - that would be lovely.

Hi. I'm Sponge. Must have cleaned up some milk - cause I sure am sour today.

No comments:

I'm taking in all the happenings in Kansas City and saving you all the trouble . . . I'll let you know whether to soak it up or squeeze it out!!