Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Why Sponge, you ask?


Many times through this venture, I have been asked by my thousands of fans "Why Sponge? You're not yellow. You don't look particularly absorbant. You're not at all propholactic-y." Well, you know what, devoted devotees . . . I am the sponge because I wanna be the sponge!

I started out just being a commenter on a few local blogs - particularly The Kansas City Post, just after the primary city elections last February. I have never considered myself a political person . . . I mean, I did run a stellar campaign for Senior Class Treasurer that would go down in the books if anyone in high school was paying attention - but I do like the discussions that are sparked because of politics. I love listening to people who are passionate about their views - no matter where they lie or how wrong the are . . . and I empathize with those that fight so hard to be heard and am boggled by the political process and how it continues to resist logical justice. So when I set up an account so that I could comment on blogs, KC Sponge was the handle that made the most sense - I was trying to soak up all I could about the political and community scene in Kansas City . . . one I had neglected to pay attention to before, one that passed me by just as it passes so many people by that don't stand in the middle of the road and dare the traffic to run into them. And really, because I'm an attention whore and wanted people to say, "Who the Hell is this Fucking Sponge?!"

So yeah, this is my 99th and final post on "Law School Bound" . . . sad to see all those hits from people looking for hot law school chicks, or Obama's LSAT score, or 101 reasons not to go to law school . . . but can only hope that the hits for the new site are even better! Thank you all for reading even though I do a piss poor job of posting. Thank you all for being opinionated sons of bitches that make me reconsider my own thoughts and make me wish I had the time or commitment to write some of the amazing stuff I read every day - I wish I just had the time to keep up with all of it.

So, yeah, that's the Sponge . . . soak it up or squeeze it out!! See you on the flip side (you know, the tougher, more abrasive, usually green one.)

2 comments:

FletcherDodge said...

"...some of the amazing stuff I read every day..."

Aw... Thanks again for the compliment.

Keith Sader said...

You know what's funny? Every time I see your handle I think of how my young son says "sponge". He can't get the sp sound to work so it comes out 'ponge'

So here's to KC Ponge!

I'm taking in all the happenings in Kansas City and saving you all the trouble . . . I'll let you know whether to soak it up or squeeze it out!!